About Me

There has to be a thin girl stuck in this fat girl's body...at least it is roomy in here :)

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Where to go from here?

Okay...i think the wagon just left without me. More than likely I overslept and missed it. Whatever the reason, the weight-loss wagon took off and I now I am running to catch up. Okay, maybe wheezing to catch up. This is so dumb, I was going at such a good clip and then something happened and blamm-O I'm sitting at an impasse. I know I want to lose this weight and become a healthier, happier me, so what is stopping me? Why do I continually do this? I am a self-saboteur and it has to stop. Not only that, writing this to you is really embarrassing. I should know better after trying this game over and over again. Now I have to admit it and am fearing that it means that I will allow myself to continue to fail.
So now what? Where do I go from here...? I know I can go and "get back up on that horse", but something needs to change or in a few weeks I will be back here again complaining and whining about how I couldn't keep it up.
HELP!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Friend! I wish I had the perfect words to tell you, but I don't. I struggle with this too! Remember, this is a lifetime change, this is not a diet. You are working on this for a happy and heatly lifestyle. There are times it is going to be hard, but you will get back on that horse! My friend Kathy told me this week, If you want to enjoy the rainbow, you need to deal with the rain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could getting over the word "failure" help? The last few weeks have been a bit of a strugglefest for me too. I try to remind myself that it's not about the set-backs, but about the distance I've come so far. I try not to use that F-word (but the other one is perfectly acceptible!) because it just makes me bummed, and makes me think, "well, screw it. I'm back up a pound - I might as well just get rid of the veggies and eat nothing but Little Caesars pizza from here on out." There's such a negative connotation for me with that dumb word that I try to avoid it.

    Perhaps some Brilliant Quotes will help? :)

    "If you fell down yesterday, stand up today." H.G. Wells
    "Only when I fall do I get up again." Vincent Van Gogh
    "The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times." Paulo Coelho
    "For every dark night, there's a brighter day." Tupac Shakur
    "Wisely, and slow. They stumble that run fast." William Shakespeare

    The point being, I guess, that everyone bombs out at something. It's changing your mindset to acknowledge that it happened, and determine to follow through despite the stumble that's the key, right? And, if you're back here in a couple of weeks whining about it again, so what? :) It's the weeks that are in the middle that you need to focus on. I think that's why I like the Shakespeare quote. It reminds me that this weight-loss thing isn't going to happen overnight, and isn't going to be a perfect ride. You gotta learn to forgive yourself, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, also? Wordy much, Bex??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that shakespeare quote also foreshadows the quick demise of the star crossed lovers. Just ask my freshmen...or maybe don't, I'll just pretend they pay attention. But to the actual point, everyone struggles, it makes success that much better. You are strong and resilient and your fantastic sense of humor is a bright point in my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't going to bring that point up. :) More of a "Slow and steady wins the race" quote, without using the same old line. Whoops. ha.

    ReplyDelete