About Me

There has to be a thin girl stuck in this fat girl's body...at least it is roomy in here :)

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy, Happy Easter!

Hey All,
Happy Easter to everyone (or if you do not celebrate...happy beautiful spring day!). I had such a wonderful day. We were able to see Jeremy's fam and my fam and it was so much fun to just enjoy the day. I hope you all were able to enjoy the fabulous day as well.
It's been a little over a week since I have started on my Vitamin D supplement (as it turns out I am deficient in the ol' D) and also started back on my multivitamin. I am feeling fine...no side effects that I have noticed so far, so that has to be a good thing...right? Work is still a challenge, which I am aware is what it should be, but I am talking busy, busy challenge. That's okay...makes the day go by quickly. I could really go for a break from the 6 days a week schedule. I have found that even though my hours have not increased so much per week, being at work 6 out of 7 days can be a bit overwhelming and I have had to reach into my bag of relaxation techniques to stay calm at times. It actually is a good thing because it helps me pay attention to my behavior and my reactions to stressful situations. I know that my first reaction to any uncomfortable or tense situation tends to be anger. It does not matter if I am unhappy, sad, scared etc...anger is my response. I am not sure why I use anger as my shield, but it most definitely comes out fast and furious (no pun intended). I have worked very hard to curb the anger response and actually find the real emotion that I am feeling, but it's a constant struggle and so these days I have been challenged and think that I am doing pretty well. By no means even close to perfect, but slowly working toward "inner peace"...ha, yeah right.
Hopefully, by taking a multi-vitamin, supplementing my vit. D and paying attention to my feelings and my outward behavior will help to slowly wean me down to a lower dose of my depression/anxiety med ... maybe even someday be off it altogether, though I have been told by my psychiatrist (scary) and a couple of general practitioners that it will most likely be a lifetime med (even more scary). Now to add in the exercise and I am hoping to feel even better!Feel free to kick me in the butt verbally to get out and be active...the weather can no longer be an excuse!
So what are you all going to be doing now that we can enjoy the weather?
Love you all and thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter (plus one day)!!!
    I'm so stoked that it's finally leaning towards staying nicer. The best thing in the world is having a dog that loves to go outside and really needs walks to stay calm and sane. We HAVE to go outside every day to walk that sucker. It's great for all three of us! Any idea what kind of exercise/activity you're going to be adding in?

    ReplyDelete